The World’s Best Artistic Nude Photographs
By entering the NUDE 2016 Contest organized by PhotoShoot Awards a site owned by Hors cadre Inc. (Montreal, Canada), you accept the rules and conditions outlined below.
1. Why Nude?
- Taboo subject to some, offensive to others. Artistic nude, however, is among one of the four basic themes of art which include portraits, landscape and still life. As in painting or sculpture, artistic nude photography is considered a classic artistic research.
- In a world where violence and misunderstanding have become everyday normalities, we consider nude photography a symbol of resistance, a moment of freedom, a reaction against the ugliness and vulgarity of certain actions and words.
- Selection criterias
2. Why participate?
If you participate in PhotoShoot Awards, NUDE 2016, you have the chance to be selected from among the best artistic nude photographers in the world. By winning or being selected as a finalist you will receive:
- A trophy (1st place winner NUDE 2016), certificates (2nd and 3rd place winners, 1st place winner per category, Finalist, Special Recognition)
- Winner of NUDE 2016 logo and banner to post on your website
- Award-winning photos showcased on our online gallery
- Link to the winning photographer’s website
- Winning photos presented in the book-exhibition catalog also available for purchase online (free copy to the 1st place winner of NUDE 2016)
- Post-contest promotional services
3. The Awards
An official jury, as appointed by Hors cadre Inc. in their discretion, will select the 1st place winner of the NUDE 2016 Awards well as the 2nd and 3rd place finalists from a pool of 1st place winners in each category.
- First Place Winner NUDE 2016 Award
- Second Place Winner NUDE 2016 Award
- Third Place Winner NUDE 2016 Award
- 1st Place Award (One in each category: the photographer with the highest number of points. The judging committee may decide not to pick a 1st place winner in a particular category if no image obtains a satisfactory rating based on the artistic requirements as same may be established or determined by the jury from time to time)
- Finalists (in each category)
- Special Recognition Awards evidenced by a special mention (The jury reserves the right to award special prizes to recognize, for example, and if necessary, a special feature, a technique, a photographer’s overall body of work, etc.).
The NUDE 2016 Award contest is open to all person aged of at least 18 years old. We therefore urge all professional photographers and semi-professionals or amateurs taking or having taken nude photographs in the last five years to participate in the first edition of our competition. We also encourage professional fashion photographers to present their nudes or semi-nudes that were shot for commercial or personal purposes. Note that the site operator or Hors cadre Inc. will not tolerate any nude photos that can be assimilated to child pornography, pedophilia or other illegal exploitation of children or people.
5. Types of photographs and criteria
Nude photography as honoured by PhotoShoot Awards is neither vulgar nor pornographic. Selected images will highlight in priority emotion, beauty and freedom. However, they may also be provocative or humorous, natural or sophisticated, sensual or erotic, unusual or academic, innocent or cheeky, etc. (see categories).
Quality shooting, artistic composition, originality, imagination will be honoured and will be important criteria during the selection process. Nudity can be represented as a whole, hidden or suggested. Women, men, families, couples or groups of people; in studio or on location, film or digital, black and white or colour photos retouched or computer scanned from hard copy: no matter; it is the quality of the image as a whole as well as its creativity that remain the focal point of our competition: emotion through images.
You can display a single image or a series of photos see below.
For each image or series presented, you may give a brief description that will be used when judged by the jury. Technical details will also be requested on the registration form.
To facilitate the work judging committee and to give the best possible chance to all participants, photographs will be categories. The 14 categories:
||Nature and scenery
||Nudes in Fashion
|Dance and movement
Depending on the number of entries, the jury reserves the right to combine categories or, conversely, to split them up into other categories. In addition, the jury has the right to move a photo to another category if it judges that it is more relevant. It is important to note that 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be picked in each category. For the final judging, one single photographer will be chosen by the jury from the numerous category winners.
7. Judging Process
The international NUDE 2016 jury is made up of 10 personalities coming from the arts, photography and entertainment scenes.
Photographs will be blind-judged. No names or other indicators will be allowed in or on the images that could reveal the identity of the photographer. Each entry will be evaluated separately by three judges according to its category. The entry with the highest final score in each category will be deemed the Category winner. Entries in a Category whose scores are tied at the end of the judging process will be re-evaluated in deliberation to produce a Category winner.
Participants can only enter the contest via online with digital files. We do not accept hard prints.
Digital files of photographs must be attached directly to the online registration form (the procedure is simple, just follow the instructions below).
- All images must be in Jpeg format.
- 72 dpi – 2000 pixels minimum on the longest side.
- RGB colors (for N&B also)
- No signature, no logos, no annoying copyright, site name, nor watermark text should appear on the photographs.
All entry files must be named in the following format: artist's last name (underscore) first name, followed by the entry number as noted on the entry form (Jonhson_Harry_1.jpg). Please DO NOT include any other information in the file name, such as title of work, etc.
9. How to Enter
- Register by completing the online registration form
- Upload your images (follow instructions)
- Pay your entry fees
10. Entry Fees
You can present a unique image or a series of photographs based on a theme of two pictures (diptych), 3 photos (triptych) and 4 or 5 photos (series). All fees are in Canadian dollars. The following fees apply for all participants (professionals and non-professionals):
||$ 30 CAD
|| $ 55 CAD
||$ 75 CAD
||$ 90 CAD
||$ 100 CAD
(series of 2 photos)
|$ 50 CAD
||$ 90 CAD
||$ 120 CAD
(series of 3 photos)
|$ 70 CAD
|| $ 120 CAD
|Series (series of 4 or 5 photos)
||$ 100 CAD
See: Universal Currency Converter http://www.xe.com
11. How To Pay
Once you’ve completed the registration form, registration fees are payable directly to our site via Paypal. The transaction system PayPal is the safest in the world and is very easy to use from any corner of the world. With this system, you can pay directly through your Paypal account (if you already have an account) or by credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
For more information: www.paypal.com
Deadline to register and send your images: 15th Jannuary 2016
No late entry will be accepted.
The PhotoShoot Awards team reserves the rights to extend the closing date of the competition as required. Our decisions are final.
13. Usage Rights
Copyright of a photograph shall remain with its respective photographer at all times. However, all participants agree to grant PhotoShoot Awards and Hors cadre Inc. (the Producer) permission to showcase their work for promotional purposes in any of their publications including, exhibitions of the winners in a gallery, electronic material, web site, online galleries, annual book with winning results, as well as any other form of promotion without further permission or remuneration from the Winners Presentation for a period of three (3) years.
Entrants also understand that their work may be published in affiliated newspapers, magazines and periodicals, solely for the purpose of promoting a particular photograph, the photographer and the PhotoShoot Awards contest. You also agree that visitors to photoshootawards.com are to view images on a computer screen or mobile phone for personal and non-commercial use only.
We do not sell images for financial gain or for use in an image bank. Instead, every winning image in the PhotoShoot Awards will have a link to its respective photographer's website or email, if desired. Each image can also be exhibited in our catalog which can be purchased from this website.
14. Model Release
Photographer/ participant certifies having obtained all necessary approvals and possess the following documents:
- Model authorization (model release).
- For minor models, the photographer must have the required parental consent.
- Authorization of clients and agencies involved in commercial images
- Permission to photograph in some places that require an “application for leave taken”
The organizer and PhotoShoot Awards Team assume no responsibility regarding these authorizations and possible prosecution of others. Responsibility only for the participating candidate photos in our competition.
PhotoShoot Awards will produce a full-color catalog documenting the work selected for exhibit. Following the unveiling of the winners on our website and in the media, the catalog will be sold online. The 1st place winner of NUDE 2016 will receive a free copy.
The PhotoShoot Awards team respects the privacy of participants in various contests and websurfers who visit the site www.PhotoShoot Awards.com. The confidentiality of the information pertaining to the participants and websurfers is managed diligently as it does not belong to us and will not be disclosed to third parties.
For information, please contact us directly by email. We will respond within 48 hours.
I have read and approved all contest rules and conditions of PhotoShoot Awards, NUDE 2016 and agree to be bound by them.